Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Pete Carroll out - Seahawks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
gb

gb
PostWed Jan 10, 2024 3:26 pm 
Time to move on. Young coaches are dominating in pro football. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39280057/pete-carroll-expected-seahawks-coach-sources-say

fourteen410
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostWed Jan 10, 2024 6:13 pm 
Advisory position. Is that polite way of saying contract buyout.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!

Chief Joseph
Leafguy

Leafguy
PostFri Jan 12, 2024 8:26 pm 
Bout time up.gif

Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostMon Jan 15, 2024 4:57 pm 
But will they be any better next year for it? rolleyes.gif Probably still sniffing around .500. Don’t need A Dan Quinn defensive scheme. huh.gif Upgrade at QB wouldn’t hurt (to put it mildly).

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Jan 15, 2024 5:12 pm 
Sorry but Geno is a very good QB. Could they upgrade at QB in the draft, sure, but look at the high QB picks in the last 3 to 4 years, waste of draft capital except for Stroud. I'd take Geno over any of the rest. He throws a very accurate ball, give him some better protection! I like Top Billin's youtube channel for Seahawk content. He pretty much nails why Bieniemy wouldn't be the best fit in Seattle, I suspect same reason why so many Seahawk fans hate on Geno.
The bigger issue I believe with the Hawks is/was coaching, clean house with defensive and offensive coordinators for that matter, instant upgrade, some of this was on Pete for hiring these clowns:

Chief Joseph
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostTue Feb 27, 2024 11:59 pm 
Allegedly Pete Carroll got real mad about the results of various Google and CHAT GPT surches so he threw the computer to teach it a lesson. This behavior was frowned upon by the Big Power Players in the organization.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Feb 28, 2024 12:13 am 
Carroll and Bellichick are dinosaurs, the new NFL has left them behind...or maybe they were carried by good and great QB's and defense, once they lost those, they lost....Fired! smackbum.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
NWtrax

NWtrax
PostWed Feb 28, 2024 9:40 am 
Seahawks did absolutely amazing with all the new coaches they got. And i'm not even a fan.

borank
Lake dork

borank
Lake dork
PostWed Feb 28, 2024 2:59 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Carroll and Bellichick are dinosaurs, the new NFL has left them behind...or maybe they were carried by good and great QB's and defense
You could probably say the same about Andy Reed, except he still has Mahomes, John Harbaugh, Mike McCarthy, and a few other old school coaches in their 60s. The formula works, but isn't chic or sexy.

Jordan
y

Jordan
y
PostThu Feb 29, 2024 8:00 am 
I think Geno is a good quarterback for the most part. He chokes too easily in the big moments.

none
solohiker

solohiker
PostThu Feb 29, 2024 10:26 am 
Geno is totally fine with the right support group. Russell’s best years featured his support group as much as they did Russell. Without LOB defense keeping Hawks in close games and Marshawn making timely plays a lot of those close games go the other way and we don’t go to the Super Bowl at all. Picking up a college QB to replace an experienced guy that still has potential is a big gamble, especially with an inexperienced staff. Good scouts don’t even know what to look for to know if a guy “fits” in the system. The argument that Penix clearly fits in Grubb’s system doesn’t really ring well since the offense he ran at UW wouldn’t necessarily work in the NFL. The list of good college QBs that had short lives in the NFL is long. The really good ones were perfect matches with the team.

I have never been lost, but I'll admit to being confused for several weeks. - Daniel Boone