Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Gonzaga Basketball
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Mar 30, 2024 7:36 pm 
Yes there is definitely a chance of another NC State miracle, but not likely. UConn had a horrible shooting game and still blew out Illinois. I don't see any team other than maybe Purdue on a good night, beating UConn. That game was very loosely officiated with many obvious fouls not called, now the game with 'Bama and Clemson, nearly everything is a foul. The inconsistency with the officiating is troubling and annoying.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Mar 31, 2024 1:47 pm 
Is that Bama's first Final 4 ever? Purdue is in, last time for them was 1980. One game left. Anybody but Duke. Filipowski has revived the proud tradition of tripping opponents that Grayson Allen started. Coach K is gone, but the Dukies are still the most easily dislikable program in mens college basketball.

solohiker
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Mar 31, 2024 1:51 pm 
Wow, 40 pts/16 reb for Edey. Who wants to see Clingan vs. Edey in the Championship Game? That could be an earth shaking match up.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Mar 31, 2024 4:31 pm 
NC State gonna do it! Last Final Four was 1983, right? Not only that, they pulled off a double. Their women advanced to the FF earlier today, they haven't been since 1998.

solohiker
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Mar 31, 2024 6:09 pm 
Yes, 'Bama's very first Final Four, Sears was on fire, he had better be just as hot against Uconn or they will go down. I'd love for NC State repeat their 1983 miracle, but that seems very unlikely, for them to beat both Purdue and likely UConn seems to be a long stretch, but obviously not impossible. I like the big man presence in college ball, wish it was still that way in the NBA. I rarely watch the NBA anymore, no defense, not much team play and typically either 3 pointers and one on one, boring.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.

solohiker
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Apr 01, 2024 9:08 pm 
Womens Final Four is set--South Carolina, NC State, Iowa and UConn. First time ever 2 different schools have both their mens and womens teams in the FF.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Apr 06, 2024 1:47 am 
Won't be a dual champ, NC State and UConn both knocked out in the women's Tourney. Finals is South Carolina vs. Iowa, rematch of a semi final from last year. I'm sure SC is wanting revenge, but those Iowa seniors would love to cap their careers with a title. It's pretty much the only thing Clark hasn't done in her illustrious career.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Apr 06, 2024 1:35 pm 
First women's game I have ever watched. Pretty impressed except Clark took a lot of bad and forced shots, mostly in the first half. She seems to think she is Lillard or Curry. Not getting my hopes up for NC State today, I would rather see a match up of the two big men on Monday night.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Apr 06, 2024 1:49 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
First women's game I have ever watched. Pretty impressed except Clark took a lot of bad and forced shots, mostly in the first half. She seems to think she is Lillard or Curry.
Well, yeah, she pretty much is the women's version of Steph or Dame. Her shot selection is a bit questionable at times, but she hits plenty of them. Last night really was not a good game to base your opinion of her off of. I think they've played UConn 3 times during her career, and Nika Muhl always harasses her into sub par performances. You should've watched one game earlier when she had 40+ points and 10+ assists against LSU. Bueckers from UConn was actually more hyped than Clark when they started their careers (injuries have held her back a little since then), but she's still a superstar and she didn't have her best game last night either.

Get Out and Go
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Apr 06, 2024 4:49 pm 
Yea, she is awesome and all that but the talk of her playing in the NBA is laughable but not nearly as laughable as Bronny James declaring for the NBA draft, as a freshman that is not even a starter in college. Meanwhile Purdue is trying to give this game away, hopefully their guards will wake up and join the show.

solohiker
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Apr 06, 2024 5:32 pm 
Are people seriously saying that about Clark (NBA)? Yeah...no. I'm sure she will do great in the WNBA, but it will be an adjustment process. I also feel rather confident a lot of vets are going to be going out of their way to make it tough on her. I laughed about Bronny. Averaged 5 pts/game shooting 33% and way under 30% from 3. There's no way he's an NBA player. Bron Bron wants so badly for it to happen, but it's just not in the cards. Nepotism only gets you so far, there's gotta be limits.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Apr 06, 2024 8:33 pm 
Uconn is just too good and so well coached, great disciplined team, much like the Zags only with a dominant big man. Braden Smith, Purdue's point guard had better play way better if they have any chance, he had like 7 turnovers, one basket, although he did have some nice assists. I expect Cam Spenser who had a great game tonight, to give the youngster some schoolin'. I hate to see the best teams lose, so here we have the two best teams going at it for the title, awesome!

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Apr 06, 2024 8:46 pm 
Has Clingan ever been smaller than the guy he's matched up with? It's about to happen. Maybe they've faced Purdue before. Anyway, the battle of the big men will be interesting. Having watched just about none of the Tourney (I used to be the biggest junkie, but somewhere along the line started losing in interest in men's hoops and gravitated towards women's), I'm guessing the rest of UConn is more talented than the rest of Purdue.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Apr 07, 2024 12:36 pm 
Are you watching today Chief Joseph? This is why Clark is something we've never seen in womens hoops. 18 first quarter points, most in any quarter in a Championship Game.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Apr 07, 2024 12:45 pm 
Thanks for the reminder, thought I had the DVR set for the game but no bueno, watching it now. As I said I don't typically watch women's basketball, but the way the NBA has gone to hell, I would rather watch the ladies. The past several years I have become a huge fan of college ball, although not football, but I don't like the transfer portal thing, I have a problem with too much change, but that's the business of sports.