Forum Index > Trip Reports > Thread for lazy trip reports
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Now I Fly

Now I Fly
PostWed Feb 14, 2024 10:05 am 
Pratt Mtn-West Bandera Traverse Parked at the Talapus Lake TH. From just below Lake Olallie cut on to the Pratt Mtn Winter route. Tagged Pratt, then dropped to Rainbow Lake. Picked up West Bandera's NNE Ridge. Hiked down to the our second rig waiting at exit 42 for the shuttle. Wonderful day in better than expected traveling conditions. smile.gif
Cheers B!

ALW Hiker, solohiker, KascadeFlat, Fedor, zeldathewelder, RichP, catsp, jaysway, puzzlr, zimmertr
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Now I Fly

Now I Fly
PostThu Feb 15, 2024 7:15 pm 
The box is best, when it roars! agree.gif

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostSun Feb 18, 2024 3:36 pm 
Paid a visit to Lake Elizabeth on Friday. Parked about a half mile from this sign due to deep snow on the road.
Looking back at snowy Lennox.
A surprising amount of snow in the backcountry.
Elizabeth showing a bit of thawing.
Deep snow at the end of the road!

contour5, ALW Hiker, Waterman, Now I Fly, jaysway, puzzlr, awilsondc, fourteen410, zimmertr, RichP  KascadeFlat
zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostTue Feb 20, 2024 1:45 pm 
The Mount Washington massif near North Bend is in great hiking shape right now. @Peter707 and I did a fun loop yesterday including Olallie Knob, Hall Point, Easter Island, Songbird, Dumpster 4370', Mount Washington, and Change Peak. There was snow coverage at higher elevations but never enough to need traction or enough to cause post holing issues. Some fun mixed scrambling around Easter Island too. Weather was iffy on all the mountains around us but it seemed like our area was in a weather bubble all day. We saw three people near Olallie Knob but otherwise had the place to ourselves.

Flickr | Strava

contour5, Fedor, jsb, Now I Fly, ALW Hiker, RichP, jaysway, catsp, awilsondc, Lightning_bug  KascadeFlat
puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostTue Feb 20, 2024 3:53 pm 
I like hiking these ridges. A little challenge here and there and few or no others around.

Mid Fork Rocksflickr

zimmertr
neek

neek
PostSat Feb 24, 2024 8:37 pm 
Some scenery from the Las Vegas area
Red Rock Canyon, NV
Red Rock Canyon, NV
Bowl of Fire, NV
Bowl of Fire, NV
Bowl of Fire, NV
Bowl of Fire, NV
Mesquite Dunes, Death Valley
Mesquite Dunes, Death Valley
Red Rock Canyon
Red Rock Canyon
Dante's Ridge trail, Death Valley
Dante's Ridge trail, Death Valley
Bowl of Fire
Bowl of Fire
Badwater Basin, Death Valley
Badwater Basin, Death Valley

contour5, Slim, reststep, jaysway, JimK, Prosit, rubywrangler, Michael Lewis, day_hike_mike, Now I Fly, Route Loser, awilsondc, mike, Kascadia, RichP  Anne Elk, zimmertr
Brucester

Brucester
PostMon Feb 26, 2024 10:10 am 
Had a nice walk to a MidFork favorite with a new hiker friend to some 2,160ft destination Saturday. While not so secret anymore as the once "trace of a trail" is now an obvious old Mailbox like trail complete with roots and logging cables. There's even a left turn up above that could confuse some. We stayed on the path most traveled. Then we checked out the Garfield Ledges. Wow, such a great trail. So well built! Views even in an overcast rainy day! Not much wildlife to report. Saw a squirl, heard a crow and a wood pecker. Rainy hikes on the Middle Fork, solitude! One corner of a wrapper packed out. Vault toilet at the bridge TH gets hard use and could use tlc. More cars than expected for a rainy day at the parking lot!

KascadeFlat, Now I Fly, RichP
zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostSun Mar 03, 2024 6:20 pm 
Made my annual spring pilgrimage to Disco to check on the Skunk cabbage and it's blooming. Spring has sprung.

Flickr | Strava

KascadeFlat, jaysway, JimK, RichP, peter707, Now I Fly, kitya
RichP

RichP
PostMon Mar 04, 2024 8:16 am 
A jaunt in the Juniper Dunes Wilderness. I started at the Joy Rd gate which is open for day use March 1-June 1. Walked north to south, fence line to fence line. 12 miles RT and 1300' of gain.

contour5, KascadeFlat, Get Out and Go, Route Loser, runup, snowmonkey, jaysway, JimK, mike, zimmertr  Now I Fly
peter707

peter707
PostThu Mar 07, 2024 8:03 am 
Went from Longmire -> Alta Vista on Wednesday. 3ft of untouched fresh snow above Narada Falls. Fun to have the whole place to myself.
Nisqually River
Nisqually River
Narada Falls
Narada Falls
Paradise
Paradise
Looking back
Looking back
Mystery tracks
Mystery tracks
Turned @ 6000'
Turned @ 6000'
Wrote "PNW" in the snow. Was going to write "NWHikers.net" but realized that's too many letters. Still visible: https://www.nps.gov/media/webcam/view.htm?id=81B46307-1DD8-B71B-0B72918A4B2EB790
Wrote "PNW" in the snow. Was going to write "NWHikers.net" but realized that's too many letters. Still visible: https://www.nps.gov/media/webcam/view.htm?id=81B46307-1DD8-B71B-0B72918A4B2EB790

contour5, day_hike_mike, Now I Fly, kiliki, reststep, Tom, awilsondc, RichP, zimmertr  KascadeFlat
Now I Fly

Now I Fly
PostWed Mar 13, 2024 8:24 am 
Mailbox was exceptionally quiet yesterday. Finaly enough snow to do the direct line up the boulders. That said, I was in snowshoes from the base of the boulders to the box.
By the way, the gate is still being closed at 4:00.
Cheers B! =

KascadeFlat, JimK, jaysway
raising3hikers

raising3hikers
PostSun Mar 17, 2024 5:35 pm 
Pk 5774 and chumstick mtn Very bumpy road 5+ miles up swakane canyon to where I parked. A couple snow patches on the road to that, much more further. I headed straight up the dry, southern slopes towards 5774 first. Put snowshoes on at 5k. Hit the summit and continued on to Chumstick. Lots of soft snow on the warmest day of the year but it was good to be out. Views over to the enchantments were clear and over to glacier pk was also nice to see. After tagging Chumstick, I dropped down to find some lower roads that I took to make my way back to my car 13.5 miles 4200' elevation gain

Eric Eames

awilsondc, Now I Fly, Get Out and Go, RichP
peter707

peter707
PostMon Mar 25, 2024 6:53 pm 
Green Mountain 2024-03-17 zimmertr took me on a ridgeline up to Green Mountain behind Mt. Tenerife. Wet-loose avalanche conditions made it a good day to be on a ridge, we rolled some rollerballs down the side that reached 4 ft before running out of steam. Snow was deep near the top.

contour5, jaysway, ALW Hiker, Nancyann, Lightning_bug, puzzlr, RichP, catsp, awilsondc, Now I Fly, zimmertr
zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostMon Mar 25, 2024 7:43 pm 
Peter707 kicked all the steps and did all the hard work. I merely followed his tracks. 😉

Flickr | Strava

Now I Fly  peter707
peter707

peter707
PostTue Mar 26, 2024 7:41 am 
Zimmertr kicked most of them I'd say. I was busy eating nuts and applying sunscreen.

Lightning_bug, RichP